The schedule for the 2021-2022 NBA regular season has been released.
Here are some important dates for the Lakers and their quest for their 18th NBA championship.
The first one is their first game on Tuesday, October 19, hosting the Golden State Warriors.
The next game is a re-match against the Phoenix Suns. Two very competitive games to start the season, but after that, the Lakers only face one playoff team (Memphis) for the next 7 games.
- One of the highlights of the beginning of the season is Russel Westbrook’s return to OKC on October 27.
- On November 17, they visit the defending champions, Milwaukee Bucks
- Two days later, they play against their rivals Celtics in Boston
- On December 3, we have the first battle of LA vs. the Clippers
- On Christmas, the Lakers host the Brooklyn Nets
- On March 11, the Lakers host the Wizards to return various former Lakers that were traded for Russell Westbrook.
It’s worth noting that the tough part of the schedule for the Lakers comes in late January. From January 21 to the 30th, the Lakers visit Orlando, Miami, Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Charlotte, and Atlanta. That is, without a doubt, their toughest road trip.
As if it’s not enough, they immediately have a stretch of Portland, Clippers, New York, and Milwaukee, all in Los Angeles. Immediately after that, they go on the road to face Portland and Golden State. This will be the toughest part of the schedule for Frank Vogel’s team.
Three of the final four games will be on the road to cap off the regular season, facing Phoenix, Golden State, Oklahoma City (at home), and Denver. The question will be, how important will these games be for the Lakers? Can they rest some players to get ready for the playoffs? Or will they be fighting for seeding in the standings?
What do you think, Laker Nation?
How will the Lakers do in the regular season?
Featured Image: Diario AS